532. Leshyas (thought-colours) indicate the tendencies of vibrations of mind, speech and body, influenced (recrated) due to the rise of passions.
533. The thought colours (leshyas) are of six kinds :
1. Black; 2. Blue; 3. Gray;
4. Yellow; 5. Pink; and 6. White.
534. The Black, Blue and Gray thought colours are bad (Inauspicious/irreligious) thought colours. The (impure(soul) in carnates in various lower grades of life, because of them.
535. The yellow (pita/teja), Pink (padma), and white (shukla) thought colours are good (Auspicious/Dharma/religious) ones. The (impure) soul in carnatis in various higher grades of life, because of them.
536. Each of the three inauspicious thought colour Black, Blue, and Grey is of three kinds; most intense; more intense; and intense (Tibra). Similarly each of the three auspicious thought colour yellow, pink and white is of three kinds: Mild, more mild; and Mildest speaking in relation to intensity and mildness each (thought colour) continues to constantly have six (types of) gains (vriddhiyan) : (i.e. gains of infinite part (Ananbhag vriddhi); and gains of innumerable part (Asainkhyata-bhaga-vriddhi); Gains of numerable part (sanikhyata-bhag-vriddhi) Gains of numerable attirbute (Sanikhyata-Guna-vriddhi); Gains of innumerable attributes (Asnikhyayta-Funa-vriddhi); and gains of infinite attribute (Anant-Guna-Vriddhi) and six types of losses (Haniyan/decreases/dainages) (i.e. loss of infinite part etc) of similar denominations. This is why, there are ups and downs in thought colours.
537-538 There were six travellers. They went astray and were lost in a forest. They felt hungry. Sometimes later, they saw a tree loaded with fruits. One of the travellers thought to out root the tree and eat the fruits thereof; the second one thought to cut it from its trunk. The third traveller opined to cut the branch, The fourth seemed satisfied with cutting the sub branch oly, the fifth one was in favour or plucking the fruits; whereas the last one favoured to gather the fruits already fallen from tree and eat only the ripe ones. The thoughts expression and the actions of these six travellers provide befitting illustrations of six thought colours (Lesyas).
539. The characteristics of Black thought colour are : The furiousness of nature, strong knot of enmity, quarrel some attitude, absence of conduct and compassion, cruelty and tendency of not coming to terms and compromise, inspite of efforts made therefor.
540. Mildness, senselessness, ignorance and licentiousness (visaya-lolupta/voracity for sense-pleasures) are the charateristics of Blue (indigo) thought colour.
541. The characteristics of Grey (Kapota) thought colour are: to be annoyed soon; to condemn others to blame others; to be highly mournful (Sokakul/dolorous) and to be extremely fearful (or fear-struck).
542. The knowledge of that which should be done and which should not be done; the (sense of) discrimination towards compassion and charity are the characteristics of yellow thought colour (pita leshya).
543. The characteristics of pink (padma) thought colour are : sacrificing nature (Tyaga-shilata); gentleness, authenticity in behaviour; straight forwardness in action; forgiveness for the sinfulness of others and prepareness for service and adovation of saints and elderly persons.
544. The characteristics of while thought colour (shukla-leshya) are: to remain unbiased (impartial); not to diagnose enjoyments (Nidana); to be equanimous towards all and to keep one self away / far from attachments, oversions and attraction (allurements).
545. Purification of thought natures of self causes purification of thought colours (and) the mildness of passions causes purification of thought natures (parinama).